Every business has a story. A story of how they came to be, how they’ve succeeded, how they’ve failed. But most important, businesses have a story of who they are and how they can benefit their customers. But what does this have to do with completing your data in your Google listing?
Lets look at the 5 W’s (and a bonus H) of why completing your Google listing information is important for your business.
- WHO: You want to ensure that your business name is listed correctly. This will ensure that your visitors know WHO you are.
- WHAT: But knowing who you are will do little good if they can’t tell WHAT you do. Google has a wide range of business categories to choose from. Even if they don’t have exactly what you do, chances are they will have something close.
- WHERE: If you are a brick and mortar type of business it is important to have your address listed clear and accurate. Knowing WHERE you’re located will help your visitors find you easily.
- WHEN: Though this may seem self-explanatory, it is still something you need to keep up-to-date. Does your business have different hours in the summer then winter? Make sure you make these adjustments. It will help your customers know WHEN they can visit all year long.
- WHY: Now you have all your information added and up-to-date. Now is the important part. WHY should visitors come to your business? What makes you special? How will they know your business is right for them? Adding a brief description of your business will help visitors know what you are all about. Do you have a product? Upload pictures of what you do or what you sell. This will help your future customers to know WHY they need to come to your business.
And last but not least
- Bonus – HOW: Your customer has seen all your information and has decided your business is right for them. HOW will they get there? All your business information, including address, is accessible through Google Maps. If this is your customers GPS of choice they can look up your business and be on their way!
Just like any good story answers the 5 W’s (and a bonus H), completing all your data in Google will not only benefit your customers, but also help them know your story.